Thursday, December 20, 2007

Old Wines-New Wines Skins: A Time For A Change

I just wanted to share with my blog readers another interesting blog from a local Pastor here in Southern California name Pastor Crissina D. Johnson. She Pastors the Home of Unity and Spiritual Empowerment (H.O.U.S.E.) in Westchester, CA. She is an author, mother and most of all a woman of God. I'm appreciative to her expressions and creative writings. I also encourage my blog readers to support her ministry. Her ministry information is listed below. I present Pastor Crissina D. Johnson for today's encouragement. Be blessed and enjoy.
**********************************************

Mark 2:21,22 [Amp]No one sews a patch of unshrunken (new) goods on an old garment; if he does, the patch tears away from it, the new from the old, and the rent (tear) becomes bigger and worse [than it was before].
And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; if he does, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the bottles destroyed; but new wine is to be put in new (fresh) wineskins.
In reflecting on this passage this morning as I lay praying regarding the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead in the New Year (2008) - I was struck by the gravity of this concept. Jesus preached a profound message to the WORLD in these two simple verses. If I can paraphrase - I would say it something like this:'Don't get it twisted. You are so stuck on how things use to be, you can't see that things have changed! Don't try to limit Me (your new thing) to your old ways of doing things. Recognize what time it is!'

First there MUST be a 'recognition' of where you are and what God is causing to 'spring forth' in your life. (Isaiah 42:8-10 KJV; I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth...)

Well, a lot more could be said, but I believe you are hearing what God is speaking to YOU today.So, the questions begs to be asked; How many times, when God is ushering us into a new season in our lives do we, like the religious leaders of Jesus' day, attempt to govern, control, gage and judge our 'new thing' by our 'old/past experiences'????? Lord Jesus, help us!!As we move forward into 2008, I (Pastor Crissina) have determined not to allow my OLD attitudes, my OLD experiences, my OLD behaviors, my OLD thought processes and mid sets to RUIN - [that's right], RUIN the NEW season my Lord is faithfully and graciously moving me into!!Consider the the Word of the Lord in Mark 2 - - When putting NEW wine (new sources of joy and fulfillment) into OLD wine skins (former vessels of joy and fulfillment), not only are the OLD wine skins destroyed or ruined - so is the NEW wine!!! It can be easily deduced that by placing the OLD into the NEW - BOTH, BOTH, BOTH wind up RUINED and DESTROYED! My Lord!How many times have we NOT understood when the Lord was extending us an opportunity to enter into NEW ares of ministry or NEW levels of the anointing or NEW positions on our jobs, or NEW relationships and we held on to the OLD regime, our OLD habits, our OLD perspectives and as a result, we missed out on taking advantage of the NEW opportunity, then, the OLD situations eventually folded as well leaving us empty and full of regret - having to wait for another season of change and advancement to present itself. (Sadly, in some cases, those 2nd and 3rd chances do not come back around).The Lord is admonishing each of US to "Cooperate with your NEW season". Just as you make adjustments in the natural between seasons (Winter - Spring - Summer and Fall) by dressing and behaving differently - so too, the Lord is CHALLENGING you and I to make the necessary ADJUSTMENTS to prepare for the NEW spiritual season headed our way!

WANT something NEW?..... DO something NEW!!Failing to CHANGE (or an unwillingness to do things DIFFERENTLY) robs us of the NEW opportunities GOD has PURPOSED for our LIVES. [hmmm - this is a word for Pastors and spiritual leaders regarding the direction of your churches/ministries as well].There are some specific instructions God is giving me for the New Year and I know that if I FAIL to ALIGN my OBEDIENCE with His WILL - I will NOT see the manifestation of ALL He has purposed for my life and ministry.So, it is with this STRONG 'Heads Up', prophetic word that I encourage each of you to do the same. MAKE every endeavor, decision, choice, action and deed to MOVE towards the Lord and the WONDERFUL and JOYOUS 'NEW DAY' He is extending to you!

Remember this: "Your OLD thing will ultimately DESTROY your NEW thing."* Read Again *Mark 2:21, 22 [NIV] "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."

~ Let Him Who Hath Ears Hear ~~ What the Spirit of the Lord is saying to the Churches ~
Advancing Apostolic and Prophetic Mandates One Step of Obedience at a TimeMuch Agape!

Pastor Criss
For more information, please leave a message @ myspace.com/pastorc