Friday, October 5, 2007

Oh' how I miss my mom!

For most that know me, either as a classmate, friend, ministry partner, church member or even in the employment industry, know that I have a very close relationship with my mother. She is truly the sunshine of my life. I'm often quoted as saying "I have four queens and they are My grandmother, my mother and my two daughters". However, recently my mom went away to spend an extended amount of time in another state. The reason that has drawn her is definitely understood and supported by me. It's the fact of knowing that she is away from me is what I have not adjusted to as of yet. This is the first time in over 35 years that I have been more than 20 miles away from her for a period of time. What an adjustment.... And I even hear some of you saying, "what a mama's boy". I'll even accept that honestly.

Though I call her several times a day, her presence being in another state bothers me. I've questioined myself in regards to selfishness. There are many lessons that I have drawn from this experience. I've learned to cherish her everyday that God gives us together. I've noticed that I am guilty of taking for granted the fact the she lives close to me. When she returns, I will visit her more. So many principles that I will glean from this experience that will strenghten our relationship the more upon her return. Mom if you're reading this, come home soon and I love you much.

F. Demond