Saturday, October 6, 2007

Great Anticipation for the Lord's Day of Worship

When I really think about it, I'm always excited when sunday arrives. This is the day that we as Christians worship the Lord our God in a corporate way. The bible declares that we should remember the sabbath day and keep it holy, which is the seventh day (saturday). Which raises the question as to why we don't worship on saturday instead of sunday? In the bible saturday was the day of corporate worship until the resurrection of Christ which happened on the first day of the week (sunday). Therefore, since the first church, Christians have gathered on the first day of the week for corporate worship.

I have several reasons why my excitement for tomorrows worship is at an all time high. First, I will be returning from a two week vacation. I have not been in worship at the church that I pastor since Spetember 16th. Very unusual. So unusual, I have never missed two consecutive sundays in my 8 year pastorate. I really miss the good people there in our congregation. Secondly, I havent preached since Spetember 9th. I remember not preaching on the last service that I actually attended. God has given me a word that is bursting in my spirit. I consider the NEWCO church a great place to preach. The people there love the preaching and teaching of God's word. That usually makes the preachers job a little easier. I love preaching there. The preaching environment is comfortable which makes it a great preaching station. Thirdly, I'm excited cause it's the day we observe the Lord's Supper. This day of sacred remembrance is always special to me. When I consider the awesome sacrifice Christ made on our behalf, I'm humbled and grateful. The Lord's Supper is also one of the ordinances that Christ left for the church to follow and honor. There has always been a special emphasis on this ordinance in my pastorate. Throughout the month of August, we observe it every sunday. I also serve it at church/leadership meetings, disciplinary sessions, counselings and special teachings.

I pray that the day of worship for this reader is blessed, transforming, inspiring, uplifting in everyway. God Bless!

F. Demond