Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Favorite Meal of the Day

Our daily nutritional value recommend that we have at least three meals per day with the addition of three snacks, all from the four major food groups. I have often been guilty of not following this recommended daily allowance for a longtime. My unbalance is because my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. It has been suggested that this is the most important meal of the day and I have made it my favorite. I look forward to breakfast above any other meal because I like the traditional american menu. Most times due to working, appointments and other things, I hardly ever slow down enough to have lunch. I will grab a snack on the run most times if I'm hungry at all, but hardly ever sit down for a meal. Though I realize this is not good, I have continued the habit. The adreneline of my day usually carry me from breakfast to the dinner hour. Most times, I'm not usually hungry much by dinner time. An appointment or meeting usually forces me into meal. I've tried to understand the drastic change in my eating habits for almost three years. I think the unusual eating habits have alot to do with the loss of 40lbs. over four years ago. I remember for most of my life, I was a heavy eater. I've actually weighed 250lbs. at my heaviest. But without working out much or even dieting much, I just dropped the weight never to regain it. It was during this time that I noticed the irregularity in my eating habit. I definitely eat breakfast most mornings and snack the rest of the day. My children have often called me the "midnight muncher". It is late at night that I really snack more than I should at those late hours. Just a few thoughts I wanted to share after my morning breakfast! Gotta get to work now.........

F. Demond