Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Barbeque The First Week of October

I've been told by many that I'm a spontaneous person. For some strange reason I had the urge to barbeque today. I dont know if it was driven by the fact that I wanted to eat some good ol' barbeque or driven by performing the duties required for a barbeque. Sometimes I want to believe that Im a pretty good outdoorsman. I like to test my abilities at outdoor events as often as possible. For the record, I love basketball, baseball, distant-walking, fishing, hunting, parachutting and now even snorkling.

I began the barbeque at about 4pm. On the menu were: hamburgers, polish sausage, chicken (wings), hot links and carne asada steak. The sides were baked beans with meat, potato salad, greens and chips. The typical menu for the backyard barbeque in the middle of the summer. What's odd is the fact that we are in the first week of October. When we should be getting our pie and cake pans out preparing for the upcoming food holidays (thanksgivings/Christmas), I found myself buying some charcoal and cleaning the grill for a good ol' barbeque. It seemed so odd, that my neighbors all commented both on the unusual smell at this time of the year and the good smell of my famous barbeque. Let me add that there were three request for a plate from my neighbors alone. I am not guilty of bragging much. When it comes to my barbeque, "my soul makes her boast concerning my Q". I actually finished by 8pm and was enjoying my first plate at 8:15pm.

Believe it or not, I even enjoy the clean up process after the barbeque is over. Removing the ashes, emptying the unused charcoal, cleaning the grill etc... It's almost like the cleaning process in fishing. Alike, I enjoy retracking my poles, organizing my tackle box and most of all cleaning my catch of the day. It all is apart of the process. A true fisherman enjoys every aspect of fishing and likewise he who likes to barbeque is there with it from start to finish. Ok......................I just wanted to share a portion of my day with my blog readers.

F. Demond