Saturday, October 27, 2007

An Embarrasing Moment!

Just thought that I'll blog an embarrasing moment for me this week. I was attending a "Stop The Violence" community rally held in Pasadena, CA weekly at the Bethel Baptist Church pastored by my brotha in ministry, Rev. John McCall. For some reason I thought the meeting started at 7pm and later found out it started at 6pm. Therefore, when I arrived I was 1 hour late. I parked on the church parking lot and tried to enter the building through a side entrance that was a glass siding door. The door was cleaned so well that I didnt notice that it was closed. While walking at a steady pace, I walked right into the door and a loud bang erupted. It was then that I noticed the door was closed. Like any other situation, the room filled with about 100 people immediately erupted into laughter. How embarrasing. The bang was so loud that certain individuals told me that they thought it was a gunshot. At one moment I thought to just leave and come back the next week. A few men came to the outside where I was and convinced me to come inside the meeting. Inside was local Pastors and community leaders who assisted those gathering to give me a round of applause as I entered the room to take my seat. That was a little warm and it made the rest of the meeting comfortable. I just wanted to share this little embarrasing moment. Kudos to whoever is responsible for cleaning the glass on that sliding door.