Thursday, September 20, 2007

Creating A Balance With My Long Week

Its interesting how the days in our week just fly by. Most times, weeks like this is paralelled with a busy schedule. It seems that it was just Monday and I was looking at my things-to-do list. Whenever one is (on the grind), the hours and days are quick past memories. It really doesn't bother me as long as I'm progressing in what I seek to accomplish. That has happened this week. I've been busy, however, much have been accomplished. A few meetings, a few errands, a litany of telephone calls, answer some emails, help a few friends, make some appointments, and guess what my week is gone. Thursday is usually the day that I make transistions in order to prepare myself, spiritually, mentally and physically for the weekend. When most is off on the weekend, I've always felt like I work (I actually do). My Saturdays is usually filled with what I call the four stops: Car Wash, Shoe Shine, Cleaners & Barber Shop. This is all usually done by noon. I then go by my office for any last minute overlooked detail for about and hour or two. Then the rest of the day is pretty laid back. Then comes Sunday. It all begins at about 5:30am. One of my pastoral habits is to get to my office as early as possible. This allows me to really get there and settle in, pray, meditate and take a final look at sermon notes for that day of preaching. Usually, after my services, I find some shorts and sandals and relax for the day. It's interesting because I'm usually very tired after several services, particularly if I ministered at all of them. I'm told by the Senior Pastor that one sermon is equivalent to 8 hours of work. Therefore, if I ministered 3 times, by body is 24 hours tired. My favorite sunday night relaxing moment is often filled with some vanilla ice cream and The WORD Network. And then monday it all happens again.............................