Monday, November 5, 2007

Speaking at New Revelation MBC

On yesterday I had the honor of ministering at the historic New Revelation MBC in Pasadena, CA where the legendary Dr. William Turner Jr. is the senior pastor. On top of the fact that this great church is in the same city that I pastor in, I also served there in full-time ministry for over 4 years as the Minister of Evangelism. This was a special time in ministry for me. It exposed me to such a different side of ministry that I had never saw. The mission of this church is "Until the whole man is served, our mission remains". It's ministries definitely reflect it's mission statement. It serves families of the church and community in many areas. One of it's strongest ministries are those that operate under the umbrella of Outreach. Yesterday was really special to me. Dr. Turner is now recovering from a surgery earlier this past August. Though he is doing well, I solicit your prayers for this man of God and the New Revelation church family. Last month, Dr. Turner celebrated 40 years as the leader of this congregation. What a wonderful achievement and milestone. Our time together was warm and refreshing. It's always good to be home. The worship was really great and the word was encouraging. Psalms 34:1 - "I will bless the lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in my mouth".