Monday, November 26, 2007

Churchin' The Old Time Way!

I cherish many memories as a young minister beginning my ministry here in Los Angeles. In particular, I fondly remember the habit of literally churchin' on sunday from sun up to sun down. Well, today kind of reminded me of that past time. I actually went to four different services in one day, something that I dont do too often anymore. Now that Im pastoring, there is little time and few sunday's where I may feel like doing this or I may not have the time to do it. Today it all began with me ministering at Redeemer MBC in Los Angeles. Then I was off to the 11am worship at New Corinthian BC in Pasadena. After a brief meal, all roads led to the Zion Baptist Evangelistic Temple in Compton in observance of their 50th Church Anniversary. Dr. Sherman Gordon, my classmate and friend served as the speaker. And finally the train stopped at the Faithway MBC in Los Angeles for the final Youth Explosion of 2007. This is a ecumenical youth & young adult service that has been very popular in this city for over 8 years. Our thanks and appreciation is extended to Dr. Michael Metters for his vision and support of this endeavor. It is held every 4th sunday night at 6pm and different youth ministers throughout the city serve as speakers. Tonight, my friend and brotha, Rev. Terry Brooks from San Diego declared the word. What a word! What a day of wonderful worship and we pray that He get all the glory............

F. Demond