Tuesday, February 5, 2008

History is made at Super Bowl XLII

This past sunday the world watched in record fashion as the New York Giants football team pulled off the biggest upset in what I'm calling Super Bowl history. The Giants beat the then undefeated New England Patriots in a close football game. Of course, I wanted to see history made with the Patriots winning and posting the first 19-0 record in NFL history. However, history was still made with the Giants win in several ways. Never had a team who was the underdog as the Giants were won a game against such a force as the Patriots. The Patriots had a flawless season recording a perfect 18-0 regular season record. I'm told that more than 101 million viewers tuned in to see this spectacular game in Glendale, AZ. The scores was not high, but the intensity throughout the game was unsurpassed. Bottom line: the Giants were more hungrier for the game than the Patriots were and thus the final score was 17-14. See local sports columns for the details of the game. The Giants quarterback, Eli Manning was voted as the game MVP. This was a record cause his brother Peyton Manning won the MVP at last years Super Bowl game with a win over the steelers (I believe). Though I didnt get my wish, it was still a good game. I wasn't too sad cause the famous Dallas Cowboys is my die hard team. Now let's get ready for the NBA All-Star game in two weeks. Be Blessed!!!!!!!!

F. Demond