Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sweet 16 ~ Happy Birthday Breanna!


I can't even believe that I have a child that have passed the age of 16. I never shall forget the day that she was born. It was an amazing experience in my life. My life was literally changed forever. The day was March 29, 1992, in Hollywood, CA, Breanna Jaqual Harris was born into the world. My precious daughter. I was right there from beginning to end. It was the day of the enfamous "Rodney King" verdict. I remember watching the news of the verdict announcement after I came out of the delivery room. Though the world was about to enter complete chaos, I was enjoying the happiness of being a new father. She was released from the hospital on April 2, which was the day that the "LA Riots" started. What a tragedy. Her first day in real civilization was the beginning of a city in turmoil. I remember asking the hospital for extra bottles and diapers due to the stores being looted and on fire.

Sixteen years later and my precious one is still here. She is a sophmore in High School and a STAR on her track team. I love her dearly and thank her for being the wonderful daughter that she is. I am thankful for her intelligence (she get that from me), wisdom and integrity. She is a good girl if I must say myself. On her "SWEET 16", I had the priviledge of sharing the entire day with her. I almost could not believe it myself but, she actually wanted to share this special day with her father. Dont I feel blessed. I would think that a 16 year old would have other plans that did not include her Father. I guess that suggests that I am a pretty fun Father. Interesting....Mmmmmm! We just kind of hung out and had some much needed fun. Congratulations........Breanna. Your Father loves you with all of his heart. I salute you! I ask that all of my blog reader would keep her in your prayers. Her desire is to be a television news anchor. Watch out NIGHTLINE..........here comes Breanna............

F. Demond