Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Speaking Engagements throughout the month of April

The month of April as far as ministry was busy for me, but not with preaching assignments as usual. My regular day to day schedule was hectic and I thank God for the strength to perform the tasks at hand. Though I'm always grateful for the many preaching opportunities that is extended to me outside of the ministry where I pastor, I'm always thankful for what we call the easy months. This month, I only ministered three times at other churches and twice it was for the same church. I ministered on saturday April 9th at a Youth & Young adult prayer breakfast for the Mt. Zion MBC here in Los Angeles. I also ministered last Friday evening for them during their pre-anniversary services honoring their Pastor and Wife. The Mt. Zion church is led by the legendary Dr. James Toldson. I have always had a great appreciation for the man and his ministry. Dr. Toldson is a great friend of my grandfather and has always been kind to me during my years of ministry. As a matter of fact, I cherish the fact that over 20 years ago, it was he that extended an opportunity to me to minister my second sermon ever at the Mt. Zion Church. I preached for his anniversary in my grandfathers place. WOW! Twenty years later and I am sharing with this church for the same occasion. What a blessing. Their Youth & Young Adult prayer breakfast was held at the Hawthorne Airport Ballroom. Both services was a blessing and the great people was very hospitable.

On this past sunday, I also had the great honor of sharing with my good friend, Dr. Michael Albert and the people of the Mt. Aaron church. It was the 4th Pastoral Anniversary of Dr. Albert. The congregation at Mt. Aaron shared much love with this leader for his diligence and commitment to ministry. Dr. Albert is a genuine, sincere Christian leader. He is most notably known for being a giver and a man of prayer. This was my fourth year ministering at this service and again I am thankful. I pray God's best blessings for these two congregations and leaders. I ask that my blog readers would remember them in your prayers. Continue in the favor of our Lord!

F. Demond